Google+

adsense banner

Craftsy

Wednesday 2 January 2013

pattern in progress - part deux

I tested out a few different so called crochet rib patterns and rather liked this hdc one.



None of them have much give in them like rib should so it's a purely decorative thing.

So I made a strip wide enough to wrap round my wrist....then discovered that the rib looks much better the other way around and bunches up rather sweetly.  Of course round the other way, it was too small for my (bony as they are) wrists and so to model my latest creation, I had to enlist the help of my daughter...who couldn't stop cackling at the idea of being a hand model since they had just watched Zoolander.


I think this really has potential.  Going to have to work on getting a neat side join (the nature of the stitch means it can't be worked in the round) and a thumb will be forthcoming and maybe a matching hat :)




No comments:

Post a Comment